Sunday, May 03, 2009

today was a good day

Today a little boy played in a big pine forest.

pensive in the forest

amidst the enormous pines

a little boy in a big pine forest coming to help

on a hike looking for pine cones

Today we had some much-needed quality family time. Good, wholesome, simple fun. The best kind.

moment frozen in time

Today we went on a hike and brought along a picnic to have amidst the enormous pines.

Gums Loop Walk

Today I impressed my(out-of-shape)self by carrying my 14kg monkey in the backpack for three fourths of the way, until we stopped for lunch.

Mama + Q by the stream 1

Today Quincy impressed himself by then walking the rest of the way, with many stops to gather stones, of course.

gathering stones

Today Jeremy was able to clear his head and destress just a little bit.

worker guy 1

Today the dogs were in their element.

splish splash 2

Today we hunted for pinecones and mushrooms, crossed several bridges, and always stopped to watch the bubbling stream.

Q on the bridge 1

Today we got a rare family photo that includes the pups, thanks to the self-timer and a few perfectly arranged tree stumps.

family photo (May 2009)

Today I took some of my all-time favorite photos. They made my heart smile. This being one of them...

a boy and his dog

Today was a good day.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous isabel said...

what a fabulous day(:

Sat May 09, 08:41:00 am NZST  
Blogger stefanie said...

my thoughts exactly isabel...i recognize that trail from 2006. great family picture too.

Tue May 12, 03:37:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nana, I want/need/request/demand a copy of this family picture please for our photo wall....I so love looking at all the amazing photos you capture...I seriously need to start taking my camera to everyday events :) Ollie

Wed May 13, 08:00:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Fiona said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog & have to say you've posted some seriously great photos! I have a 2&a bit girl who has to stop & pick up EVERY stone she comes across as well ~ what is it with kids & stones?!?

Thu May 21, 03:48:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home