Friday, September 03, 2010

how i spent my morning...

while Quincy was at Playcentre...

I could've used those precious few hours* to clean the house. I could've prepared dinner. I could've done some major organizing in closets, the garage, and in my craft room. I could've listed some furniture on Trade Me. I could've caught up on (gasp) 5 months of Project 365.

Nope. That stuff can continue to wait. Besides there were leftover black beans in the fridge.

So instead of tackling things on my growing to-do list, I took a long overdue, relaxing, off-lead walk with the dogs. Just me and the hounds. Like old times. The dogs happily set the pace, instead of a certain curious someone who likes to make lots of pit stops. Don't get me wrong, these two noses on legs make their fair share of stops, but today everything was on their terms for a change.

who's coming?

It's pretty rare these days for the dogs, i.e. the dogs minus their 3-year-old human brother, to be my sole photographic subjects.

dog games in the bog

After the last post, Kai was keen for me to show off her fancy fetch moves. That girl's got some serious skills.

fancy fetch

Did I mention the walk was windy?

windy walk

Here is the ferry that travels between the North and South Islands. [Quincy is desperate to take our car on it and travel around the South Island picking apples(???).] I love the snow-capped mountains on the South Island in the background.

snow-capped mountains

By 5 o'clock, with the laundry thankfully dry and folded inside, the gorgeous blue sky was replaced by a very rare thunder and lightning storm accompanied by hail. Ahhh, spring in Wellington.

Footnotes & Asides

*Actually, "precious" is an understatement as they only come around once a week.

An aside...In the car on the way to dropping the boy off this morning, he said, "You're dropping me off. And then at the end you'll come back and pick me up. That's what Playcentre is all about." I couldn't help but reply, "Amen, brother!"

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Gauntlett said...

Hi there, this is a lovely blog, we'd love to have you over at http://kiwimummyblogs.blogspot.com/, email me on kiwimummyblogs@gmail.com if you're keen!

Tue Sept 07, 07:59:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful day you had to yourself!! Enjoy those simple moments! I miss you tina!

love, kt

Fri Sept 24, 02:48:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home