Wednesday, April 08, 2009

imperfect perfection

Life has been a bit of a rollercoaster around here. I used to love them, but this one... Well, I'm ready to get off.

Anyway, this morning, with the realization that Easter is just days away, Q and I began tackling the house that has been begging for a clean. Then we broke out the Easter decorations. (Jeremy, now might be a good time to take down the Christmas lights. Just an idea.)

Well, as I occasionally do, I got fixated on getting a perfect picture of Q with this adorable wreath my mom sent us a few years ago. (I love that she passed on her love of holiday traditions and decorations to me.) The no-pants and gumboots weren't really part of the plan. Nor was his complete disdain for the camera or inability to sit still. Even bribery with miniature marshmallows backfired.

Let's just say that this shot was not really what I had in mind. At all. But it is absolutely perfect in its imperfection. It makes me smile.

perfectly imperfect easter

Right now I am overwhelmed by too many fleeting memories. Hopefully I can document them soon. One way or another.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I'm so glad you found my blog and left a comment! I've enjoyed flipping through your posts and your son certainly reminds me of Hayden! Especially this photo. . . I didn't set out to capture an Easter specific photo, but Hayden has those same boots and when I do set out to capture something I usually end up with the same type of thing--perfect in its imperfection. Well said!

Sun Apr 12, 02:24:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home