Wednesday, March 18, 2009

we laughed, and just like that, she's gone.

Mosaic_200903_StefsVisit

Wow we have laughed a lot in the last two weeks. Stef just fits into our world so easily. In fact, at dinner tonight...which by the way, was, as proclaimed by Jeremy, "the best meal (he's) ever cooked." It was a fish pie. And that means I've eaten fish three times this week. A record for someone who is weirded out by the texture of fish. Anyway, at dinner tonight, Jeremy said he would have liked her to stay a little longer. We will miss her for sure. I am much funnier when she is around. And I sing made up songs all the time. We have a similar sense of humor and we just feed off each other. We crack ourselves up. And Quincy too. I'm not sure how many times these last two weeks he has said, "Mama cazy" or "Stef cazy." His performer side definitely emerged during her visit. He now wants us to think he's funny too and tries to get us to laugh.

It's also been really nice to have her around to talk to during the days. She is a great listener.

And for so long I have wanted to share Wellington in the summer with my family. I've often thought how nice it'd be to picnic on the beach with them and my wish came true several times.

Of course, the connection she made with Quincy is invaluable to us.

Once again she is leaving a hole in our household. And I have to get back to reality. But getting back to a routine won't be all bad. I love my normal, everyday life. I will have to remind myself of that over the next couple days.

And I will surely have to comfort Q tomorrow morning as he goes hunting for her. I already know what will happen. While changing his nappy he will begin talking about Stef. As we walk upstairs to the kitchen he will repeat several times, "Stef see 'm". As he notices my reaction he will get a little more desperate each time. When he doesn't see her in the kitchen he will repeat "Stef see 'm" as he collapses in tears. I know this because it has happened before. Wish me luck!

To see a slideshow of all the pictures from Stef's visit, click here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful time together. I cannot wait to see the pictures. lymymi

Fri Mar 20, 06:22:00 am NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tina, i'm here in cambodia...nice post...having a great time, miss you guys...can't wait to share pics and stories! stefanie

Tue Mar 24, 07:53:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow--ive heard a few stories from stef over the phone--but i cant imagine how great of a trip that must have been! She is so lucky to have gotten that time to spend with your fam! quincy is at such a great age--stef said he is just the most lovable and adorable little boy with such a great personality. I cant wait to hear more about it! I miss you all so much--im starting my new zealand fund asap!

Sat Apr 04, 04:58:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh oops
love kt

(author of the above message)

Sat Apr 04, 04:59:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home