Wednesday, September 09, 2009

three conversations on 09.09.09

Busy day today. Two things scheduled. Very rare in our world. I am a nap nazi so it's gotta be pretty good for me to let him skip his afternoon sleep!

When I went into his room this morning...

Q: (noticing I was showered and dressed first thing) Ready to go bye bye.
me: Where do you think we're going today?
Q: Somewhere.

Well, you can't lose with that answer.

This morning somewhere happened to be Playcentre, where good hygiene is critical,

washing his hands @ Playcentre

and play is taken very seriously.

hard at work @ Playcentre

I love watching them having morning tea together. They seem so grown up. And civilized! (pardon the blurred faces)

morning tea @ Playcentre

Here they are learning a Maori song...

learning a Maori song @ Playcentre

me: Cool. Is this a space ship?
Q: No, it's a barrel swing.

barrel swing @ Playcentre

You can always count on a child to state the obvious.

And in the afternoon, a picnic with some of our antenatal group, whom we haven't seen in 70 days. How do I know that? Because the last day we got together was the day MJ died and the press did a good job this week reminding us of how long ago that was.

ridin' down the highway

And finally, in the evening, while getting him in his PJs...

me: What was your favourite part of the day?
Q: Staglands.
me: But we didn't go to Staglands today.
Q: Staglands Sunday.
me: Yup, that's right, Buddy. We went to Staglands on Sunday. Today we went to Playcentre in the morning and played with Lucy and Teegan at the park this afternoon. What was your favourite part of today?
Q: Staglands.

Well, okay then.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

the barrel swing reminds me of all the super cool, sweet as playground equipment in NZ parks!
xoxo

Sat Sept 19, 07:07:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home