Friday, March 17, 2006

we should be in Auckland now

but we're not.

It's St. Patrick's Day and we're supposed to be going to the U2 concert in Auckland tonight. But life isn't always fair. They had to cancel the last 10 dates on their tour due to a family illness. Supposedly the shows will be rescheduled in November. We'll see.

Back track to fill in the details...

Against all odds I had managed to get 2 good seats to the concert New Zealanders have been anticipationg for 12 years. It sold out in just 90 minutes. I remember sitting here that December morning. My heart racing. Cell phone in one hand, landline in the other. Constantly pressing the refresh button on Internet Explorer. And then I got through. Online. Thank goodness for Broadband. My heart skipped a beat. I was going to pull it off. Even more shocking, I actually surprised Jeremy with it all for Christmas. He had absolutely no idea. I had even bought the plane tickets without him realizing.

Good wife.

Here's the CD tin I made him--each "CD" revealed more info until the cat was out of the bag.

Guess what?

You desperately need a getaway.

A rare chance to kick back & relax.

So we're flying to Auckland...

to see U2 live in concert

on their Vertigo Tour at Ericsson Stadium
on Friday 17 March at 7:30pm.

...St. Patrick's Day ...priceless ...sold out in 90 minutes
...just you & me

Bummer.

Now Jeremy has this lovely keepsake--a constant reminder of the concert that almost was.

Anyway, here are some shots of Jeremy as he opened his best gift ever (until it was canceled, that is).

I love that I caught him looking at the gift again later that night...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nana I was so gutted for you when I heard on the radio it was 'postponed'. I txted you to ask you if you knew about it and I just got a txt back that went......'what are you on about.....or do I just want to stay in the dark on this one' Why was I the bearer of bad news????? I still don't understand though why you aren't in Auckland enjoying a weekend away? You had plane tickets???

Sat Mar 18, 01:47:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a series of unfortunate events:(...but, yeah, why aren't you in Auckland enjoying the weekend anyway...shouldn't let the tkts go to waste. rosey

Sat Mar 18, 03:10:00 pm NZDT  
Blogger Christina said...

Air New Zealand essentially gave everyone vouchers valid for the rescheduled date (or for any other time if you can't make it). When and if they do reschedule, tckts will be hard to come by, so having a confirmation # already will be helpful I suspect. Plus, we both have a lot of work to do at the moment and Jeremy, especially, couldn't afford the time off. :-(

Sun Mar 19, 08:35:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home