Saturday, April 22, 2006

on the road

the open road
Over the last 3 days I have spent more than 20 hours behind the wheel snapping 1000+ photos of the ordinary and the extraordinary. No music. Only the voices in my head. And the sights. The beauty. Curious signage. Bits & pieces you may miss at 100 km/hr. Just taking it all in.

I made friends with a lonely horse. I frightened more than one herd of sheep. I got the evil eye from a few mad bulls. I got barked at by a seriously unhappy guard dog. I watched a buck vigilantly protecting his doe and fawn. I saw a woman on horseback wading (belly-deep) in an estuary when the light was nice and low. (Unfortunately my camera battery decided to die on me there and then...at the worst possible moment.) I found a beach that is a road. I chatted with a young boy who has "met people from the USA and Europe and they all sound the same." And I watched two ducks perched on a hillside gazing at the setting sun.

on the road mosaic
It's all part of a little project I have up my sleeve.

Next blue sky and I'll be back out on the road again, putting myself in mildly perilous situations and learning more about my surroundings. Another day and I hope to have captured what I need...for now anyway. Fingers crossed.
ducks @ sunset
One more thing: Take a lesson from these ducks...Don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

see they are such pretty veiws
elisabeth v.

Mon Jul 10, 10:46:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool and exciting!
isabel lillian R.

Mon Jul 10, 11:45:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home