Wednesday, August 16, 2006

post-CC Wellington wrap up

Wow, what a whirlwind!! Crafting Connection was fantastic. All that prep and it flew by, just like a wedding.

I loved teaching with such an awesome group of tutors...
tutors
scream
top row: Ali Edwards, David Roberts, Mary Roberts,
Cathy Zielske, Donna Downey, Faye Gregory
bottom row: Nic Howard, me, Wendy Redshaw-Bruhns
But I think I kinda freaked Cathy out...
angry catepillar
The KiwiScraps team had everything under control, despite how it occasionally looked...
fish nets
How can you not love Rhonda? And her fish nets.
It was great to be in the company of so many crafty, scrapbooking enthusiasts. Excitement all around, I tell ya.
Let Happiness Bloom class 1
I loved how receptive my students were to my Being Kiwi class, despite being only an Amerikiwi.
teaching Being Kiwi
The reaction to my greener pastures paper and stamps was incredible. Thanks to everyone who made "my reveal" less scary. I'm so excited about this adventure.
greener pastures display for sale
Last but not least, my TA was phenomenal. Stefanie was by my side through it all...the painting, the gorilla filla, the tedious kits, the bleeding hands, listening to my schpiel over and over, and just generally being at my beck and call.
TA extraordinaire
But it wasn't all work and no play for her, I gave her a few minutes break to teach Ali the catepillar face.
catepillars
Now it all happens again in Sydney, although I get to play TA this time. Next week I'll post photos of my projects. Until then, you can enjoy a few more of my CC photos here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Ya know - sometimes it takes someone like an Amerikiwi to be able to point out what it is to be kiwi. Something about being able to stand back and observe, and then being able to jump in and participate that gives one an insight into such a topic. So no need to apologise!

Thu Aug 17, 10:13:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to see the *greener pastures* website launch at last : a culmination of much hard work I'm sure!!
love the papers in the *welcome pack* at Wellington CC ... looking forward to more play and more product coming up.

Fri Aug 18, 05:22:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that the ANGRY catipillar face your making in i think the third picture down...very nice...i can tell you have been practing! lymymi

Wed Sept 06, 11:20:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home