Saturday, March 29, 2008

finally. it arrived.

After a year-and-a-half of one computer problem after the next (endless problems that I can only attribute to hormones), my brand spankin' new (as in not a hand-me-down machine rebuilt from Jeremy's office) Dell laptop has arrived. It is fast. I mean fast. And I love it. Truly. I am seriously digging the Windows Photo Gallery that comes with Vista. I can't wait 'til all my tens of thousands of photos are tagged and ranked. It's a daunting task, but I am just tackling one folder at a time. If I get a couple folders finished each day, maybe by Christmas?! Anyway, it'll make finding photos SO MUCH EASIER. To be able to group and sort by various tags. Dream come true. Plus I can upload photos to Flickr directly from the gallery AND THE TAGS ACCOMPANY THE PICS! The tags are part of the metadata, so they are independent of the program used. Genius.

So my advice... get a photo organizing program stat. And use it. Each and every time you upload your photos. (Other good options: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 or ACDSee Photo Manager.) Don't forget to back up your pics too, using CDs/DVDs and ideally an external hard drive.

Now, let's see if I can take my own advice!

Anyway, looks like I wasn't the only one who was ecstatic about the courier's visit this morning. I still have no idea how he managed to climb in through the box top.
boxed up 3 boxed up 2

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

ooo new pooter!
We've got Lightroom here (long story) but it's good for organising photos too.

Thu Apr 03, 01:33:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! now we can skype. stefanie

Sat Apr 05, 01:20:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home