Friday, May 02, 2008

sleep, glorious sleep

sleeping through the night

I have been afraid of actually saying this out loud for fear of jinxing myself, but at just over eleven months I think I can safely say Quincy is sleeping through the night! Seven until seven. Give or take. It started with a few eight hour stretches and then bam, twelve hours. It's been a full week. And I'm still not sure I believe it. He does awake occasionally but he is settling himself without a feed.

I should add that he has always been a gem at falling asleep. No crying. It's the staying asleep that was the issue. I had been demand feeding at night (contrary to all the advice--some asked for but most unsolicited) and getting up sometimes five times. I'm a softy and it just worked for us. He is a really good natured baby who doesn't cry much, so if he needed comforting during the night... Anyway, I am very pleased that he started sleeping through the night on his own when he was ready. So demand feeding can't be all bad!

By the way, that is Quincy from Little Einsteins in the top left corner of his crib.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I'm so jelly! I want my baby to sleep just another 2 hours on top of what she does - which would make it 6.30am. You'd think it wouldn't be toooo much to ask would you?

Tue May 06, 07:51:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home