Saturday, April 26, 2008

bubbles & belly laughter

What kid doesn't love bubbles? Thanks, Mom, for this super-cool bubble set. You get masses of bubbles, and in turn, heaps of smiles (or in Q's case, concentrated stares) with very little effort. No messing around.
Bubbles Mosaic
Speaking of bubbles, the first time he saw older kids chasing and catching bubbles was at our library storytime. It was back when he was about eight-months-old. He laughed so hard--I mean big time belly laugh--that Sabine had to go get the other librarians to see. He's never had quite the same reaction since.

Speaking of belly laughter, that night while he was sitting on the floor of his bedroom, I was reading him one of his library books about Booboo the little yellow gosling who eats bubbles. He was rolling with laughter everytime I read the words "Booboo", "bubbles", and "burp". For two weeks each time I read the book I tried to elicit that reaction, but all I got were sweet smiles.

In the entertainment department, he keeps me on my toes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home