Thursday, June 12, 2008

why didn't anyone warn me...

that filling a bean bag chair is a two-person job? And a one-year-old doesn't count. Okay, so it's not rocket science that having an extra pair of hands to hold open the bag would be beneficial. That was always my job on family leaf-raking days growing up. In the back of my mind I did know this to be true, but I wanted it done now. Not in two hours. Now.

So on the bag of annoyingly clingy choking hazards, it said to fill your bean bag in a bath tub with the drain blocked in case there are any spills. What? In case? As if there wouldn't be...

They were everywhere.
crab with styrofoam beads
seal in a tub of styrofoam beads
And this guy nearly vanished inside the chair that, after all that effort, really isn't all that comfortable.
frog in a tub of styrofoam beads
And they really did get everywhere.
poor kai
Why didn't I wait for Jeremy to get home?

The mess incidently could wait 'til he got home. I secretly was hoping he'd see it and say, "Don't worry honey, you go have a cup o' tea and tend to that cold of yours. I've got this under control." What really happened you may wonder? He just laughed, shook his head, and said "I guess I better go turn on the water heater in the laundry bathroom if I want to get a shower in the morning." Ye of little faith. Our bathroom's all cleaned up and good to go. Yes I had to pick them up pretty much one-by-one in the end, but if you had a sleeping toddler next door, you wouldn't use the vacuum either.

Another life lesson learned.

By the way, here is the blimmin' chair in action.
quincy, our fruitarian
Do you know how to get Quincy to stay on an uncomfortable chair? Show him a piece of fruit. Do you know how to make him shout with glee? Give it to him.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I have so been there. In fact the bean bag is still downstairs half filled because I can't get the last lot of beans in without DH's help.

And there is a big mess on the garage floor...

Fri Jun 13, 10:39:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh little Q is just so adorable! i cant believe how big he has gotten! i hope all is well with the buckley crew and i miss you all like crazy!

even though you struggled a bit--or a ton! the bean bag chair looks pretty good! i love you!

love kt

Sat Jun 14, 03:30:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you all so much!!! Quincy is getting so big!! i hope you are all doing well!! i love you and miss you!!

---isabel

Sun Jun 15, 10:07:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home