Thursday, January 08, 2009

peacock. squawk.

Today I woke up earlier than Quincy for a change. (Maybe it had something to do with me making it to bed before midnight for the first time in a while. 11:38 counts.) After my shower, I couldn't resist standing outside his door to listen to his chatter. I had to crack up when I heard him say, "peacock. squawk." We went to Staglands Wildlife Reserve a week and a half ago and he's still talking about the peacocks, with whom he had a love-hate relationship. One scared the bejeebus out of him when it snuck up from behind and let out the loudest squawk. Most unexpected. Anyway, he has always loved birds, and the peacock is his latest fav. It must be, right, if he wakes up thinking about them?

Then he found his sunnies and wore them all morning. Inside and out. Even during breakfast.

Sunglasses Mosaic

It's a hot one today. Lots of laundry. Baked some banana muffins. Note to self, don't let Quincy help when sticky batter is involved. Car is getting serviced. Jeremy has one more day to work from home. Worked on the printing and cutting for my Project365. (More on that bandwagon later when I have my kit finished.) Leftover veggie lasagne (with a dash of meat for my significant other) for dinner.

An oddity: After a delicious breakfast that was accompanied by much anticipation and excitement on the weekend, Q is now under the impression that saying "cool beam" (cool beans) goes hand-in-hand with homemade waffles.

Sounds like Quincy is waking from his afternoon nap. He is down to one sleep a day without getting grumpy as the morning progresses. I can count on three hours after lunch and I very much appreciate it. Thanks Q.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Little dude...

Fri Jan 09, 11:09:00 am NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home