Friday, February 13, 2009

the best day of their lives? possibly.

During the burglary, the dogs were fed a two-month supply of dog treats. Jeremy thinks it was the best day of their lives.

CB_200812_DogsReadyForDinner

Possibly. But according to a neighbour two doors down who heard them barking (and also brought me flowers today), it was most definitely not like anything she's heard from them before. Crazy sounding. She didn't even think it was them at the time. Plus Kai especially has been on high alert all week. So they ate because they are Beagles, but I don't think they enjoyed it one bit.

Now for a little CSI... After looking at her Warehouse receipt, the neighbour knows she heard the symphony of growls shortly after 1. My library receipt is marked 1:09. I opened the garage door 4-5 minutes later. So now I know for a fact that the reason they turned on the oven fan was to drown out their footsteps as they left out the back. Which to me points toward experienced and quick-thinking thieves. I am obviously so thankful I had to get out of the car to move the recycling bin before driving into the garage. And also that Q dawdled, us usual.

This home invasion ranks right up there in the peculiarity department. It has been driving me crazy trying to piece it together and get inside their heads (or his/her head). I will leave you guessing for a bit as to what three things they stole... I think I could confidently offer a million dollar prize to anyone who got it right!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

something out of the kitchen or toy room?...if they were there to turn on the fan...they were too far from jeremy or your office. i am so sorry that happened to you, Tina. I cannot imagine how jumpy you must have been (or still are). lymymi

Fri Feb 13, 11:41:00 pm NZDT  
Blogger Raewyn aka whinney said...

What a terrible thing to have happen to your lovely family.

I will make a guess as to what they stole - mp3player, crockpot and a pot plant??

Heck if I am right you will think I was the thief! I won't hold you to the $million prize though. LOL
R

Sat Feb 14, 12:20:00 am NZDT  
Blogger Penny said...

They sound really experienced. I'd be jumpy too. :(
Hope they didn't steal anything irreplaceable.

Mon Feb 16, 10:41:00 am NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im going to take a wild guess and say...
a ferry ticket.
a package.
and some change.

hahaha!

Mon Feb 16, 10:58:00 am NZDT  
Blogger rose said...

Scott says...
jeremy's telescope
set of knives
bottle of wine

Do I get 1/3 of a million if I get 1 thing right?

Mon Feb 16, 12:23:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christina - flamin heck! I soo know how you feel - we had a home invasion last November (while we were asleep in bed)! I'm guessing they got your good camera, laptop, cellphones, TV?? They are the things they seem to be after. Really is a horrible experience - try to think - they'll be onto someone else's house next and won't come back. Amazes me how much guts they have. Hope you are ok. Big Hugs! - Kirsty Hosie

Mon Feb 16, 04:25:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home