Friday, February 27, 2009

a parcel, $1.20, and a 10-trip ferry ticket

Apparently that's what our peace-of-mind and sense of safety in our own home was worth to the burglars. They went through all our bedroom drawers, found all my hidden jewelry, searched through two safes, dealt with two pestering, noisy dogs, and went through the pantry to find dog biscuits. That's a heck of a lot of effort for a parcel, $1.20, and a ten-trip ferry ticket.

We were extremely lucky. I still have all my photos. We didn't lose any heirlooms. It is just so so odd and has warranted many laughs. Still I feel no less violated or uneasy. And I still drive myself crazy trying to figure out their motivation.

Margaret and Jon, you must let me know if you ever receive a parcel filled with Squiggles, Twisties, Scorched Almonds, Marshmallow Santas, Exploding Elves, and a necklace. Their behavior was so odd in our home, that it really wouldn't surprise me!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thu Mar 05, 09:12:00 am NZDT  
Blogger Amy said...

i know i shouldn't have deleted it, but I had a couple misspelled words. I just wanted to say that I really hope the package gets to Margaret and Jon. haha lymymi

Thu Mar 05, 09:14:00 am NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home