Monday, May 25, 2009

lingering wild weather

Nothing new for windy Wellington as winter approaches, but we've had a week of dreadful weather (taking a much-appreciated break on Q's birthday though.) Some crazy storms. Non-stop rain. Wicked southerlies. And seriously cold. According to the Dominion Post, "It was a particularly foul, miserable, and revolting weekend." Couldn't have said it better myself. "Revolting" is particularly appropriate.

And because I like numbers, here is how this past weekend measured up...

13.9 metres: maximum swell in Cook Strait
148 kilometres/hour: strongest wind gust
8 degrees Celsius: lowest temperature (Not a big deal, unless you don't have central heating or an insulated home!)
50 millimetres: rainfall in a 24-hour period

I'm so glad we were able to hibernate all weekend. In fact, we've only left the house twice in the last week. Heavenly for the homebody in me, but we've all been recovering from one thing or another, and I'm more than ready to chuck these in the bin...

medicine

As you can imagine, the clothesline hasn't seen much activity all week. (The clothes don't dry too fast on the indoor rack in this cold, damp weather, let me tell you!)

lonely clothesline

I managed to catch a 2-minute glimpse of the sun. Not quite enough to satisfy the RDI of vitamin D, I suspect.

glimpse of sun

Definitely a perfect day for soup. We made a big pot of Tomato Barley Soup this morning. I love when dinner is ready long before we even eat lunch. Such a carefree feeling the rest of the day.

tomato barley soup on a cold, wet day

And now Q is sleeping and I'm going to carry on scrapbooking. I need to finish a layout I foolishly started at 11 last night. Thanks to the lingering wild weather and the hibernation, I'm on a bit of a roll after a two-month break.

CB_200905_QBDayBooks

CB_200905_QBDayCake

CB_200905_QBDayNanaPoppa

Maybe someday I might tackle those first birthday pics!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

All very lovely! Well except for the weather and sickies.

Soup is so nice at this time of year.

Tue May 26, 01:56:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home