Wednesday, September 16, 2009

baking pikelets

fruits of our labour

Today I baked pikelets with a very feverish Quincy. You wouldn't know it by looking at the photos that he has a 102F/38.3C fever, would you?! He is the best sickie I can imagine.

He takes his responsibilities very seriously...

pouring milk mosaic

Notice how disgusted he is by the batter!

disgusted by the batter

It's not easy choosing the perfect one. And spreading honey isn't that easy when you're two. Nor is working out how that sifter works! Oh, and what a surprise, the dogs want to join in on the fun!

baking pikelets mosaic

I think he only took a total of two bites, saying "YUMmy" after each one,

eating the pikelets mosaic

but boy did he enjoy the process! And so did I.

baking joy

I think it's amazing how the simple act of baking with your child can leave you feeling like the best mama in the world.

what fun 1

But if you aren't feeling especially patient, it can just as easily backfire and you wind up feeling like Cruella De Vil.

Fortunately I experienced the former today.

well, that was fun!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home