Thursday, January 28, 2010

cooperation. treasured by mothers everywhere.

On quick trips, Quincy loves to walk through the grocery store carrying the basket. He walks hastily, with pride and determination. He takes his job very seriously, loading everything onto the counter and then returning the basket while I pay.

at the local four square

He seems too little to be such a big boy.

I think I was so keen to get a photo like this because it screams "cooperation" to me and that is huge in our house right now. He gets pretty engrossed in what he is doing. He dawdles, so I feel like I'm often asking him to cooperate, especially at bed time or while getting ready to go somewhere. He usually does, but it's definitely always best when there are no threats involved!

By the way, this is not the first time he paraded through the local Four Square wearing his sunnies from Stef, attracting a few stares and the odd comment.

notes: He loves his "Simon overalls". He also loves the idea of bread rolls, which he is being tempted by in the photo. He has never eaten more than half of a roll though. The bread lover in me can't relate. Today he had a few bites and then pretended it was an ice cream and just licked it.

edited to add: Upon looking at this photo on my blog...

Q: What's that's name?
me: Do you know who it is?
Q: Yes. (his voice filled with certainty but his eyes filled with question marks)
me: Do you really not know who it is?
Q: Yes. What's that one called?
me: Do you know where the picture was taken?
Q: Four Square. (but still no clue who it is)
me: I'll give you a hint, he lives in this house.
Q: That's a girl.
me: It's you, silly.
Q: (very sadly with a quivering lip) No, that's NOT Quincy. Quincy is a big boy. That's a grown up girl.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kellie said...

cut picture Tina......my question, "do you carry your camera EVERYWHERE???!!!!"

Fri Jan 29, 04:26:00 am NZDT  
Anonymous Kellie said...

I meant "cute" picture. fingers not working this morning!

Fri Jan 29, 04:27:00 am NZDT  
Blogger Christina said...

Pretty much! Unlike a lot of people, I have to force myself NOT to take my camera. I at least try to be discreet and almost never ask anyone to look or smile. That's how I convince myself I'm not bugging people!! That said, I don't normally take it to the supermarket...I just happened to have it yesterday because we had just been to the playground with a group of friends.

Fri Jan 29, 08:26:00 am NZDT  
Blogger Juli said...

I'm afraid we resort to threats sometimes at WR. Parenting is such a humbling journey.

And the gender stuff?? Starts so early.

Fri Jan 29, 04:46:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home