Sunday, March 19, 2006

the ban is lifted

and it's about time.

2006_03__19_DogBanSign

Responsible dog owners all over Eastbourne rejoice.

I'm all for dog restrictions, but not allowing dogs on any Eastbourne beaches (apart from the one on the far end that's about a 10 minute drive from us) from 9am - 8pm for 6 1/2 months of the year is seriously over the top.

Oh, just don't even get me started. I can't count the number of letters to Council I've composed in my head as we walked on the dangerous main road...absent a footpath...right next to the usually deserted beach. I made Jeremy promise that if we get hit by a car, he can't let it be in vein.

Well, the three of us can go back to enjoying our rock ramblings at whatever hour suits our fancy.

2006_03_19_DogsBeachHalti

And for those around me, you can rejoice too. You don't have to hear me complain about it until October. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm surprised you haven't written actual letters to the council - i've always thought of you as somewhat of an activist. is there any legitimate reasoning for the ban...i know you said "don't even get me started" but i might have...

Wed Mar 22, 09:22:00 am NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

i know i know. i should have actually written the letter and i contemplated getting a petition started. yada yada. all talk, no action, i guess. it just kept getting pushed down on my list. i hope this doesn't tarnish your opinion of me... doesn't mean i won't do it at some point. :-)

Wed Mar 22, 10:07:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home