Sunday, April 23, 2006

wailing dogs

(continued from yesterday)

On one of those three days I regretfully decided to bring the dogs on my photographic journey. I'd enjoy the company and they'd love the adventure. Wind in their faces. Lots of good farm smells. A few stops for them to explore along the way--once in a forest and once on the beach. A half a McDonalds cheeseburger each.

Win-win for one human and a pair of canines. Or so I thought.

Mistake.


What a misguided romantic notion that was.

Every time I stopped the car to grab a photo or twenty, which was quite often, they hung out the window and cried. Occasionally they even wailed. Six hours of this gets a little old.

please just take me home STOP taking photos
When I was getting gas, a friendly woman, who (for some strange reason) was quite taken with the whiners, actually let me ahead of her in line because Kai was having a crying fit. One of the attendants, who also thought they were way cuter than I did that day, even went over in an attempt to comfort her while I was paying. At least it gave everyone a good laugh.
crying kai
Now I'm not going to make excuses for their "dependa-dog" natures, but... They do normally spend those hours sound asleep. With little to no external stimulation. It's their nap time. But with all the stop-starts and new sights and smells, they were far too unsettled to sleep.
An overtired, overstimulated dog will give an overtired, overstimulated child a run for her money any day of the week in the tantrum department. I now have proof. :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am putting my comment in the complete inappropriate place..it has not a thing to do with the doggies or what sounds/looks like an inspirational road trip in the new zealand countryside. i merely wanted to say that i was looking at your layouts through some link and i was laughing outloud at the james007 one but when i didn't want to make a yahooID just to say that! start freaking out because you will see me in 16 days!!

Sat Apr 29, 07:14:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tina! i am following stef's lead...i am also putting a post in the wrong place for this has nothing to do with your adorable puppies. we are coming in 15 days and i cannot wait! Bis später! amy

Mon May 01, 02:47:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i lov e the little doggie storie it is very cute in fact i love this whole page
luv
Elisabeth V.

Wed Jul 05, 02:22:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i Think your dogs are so cute! I wish i could see them, and you, I hope to see you soon....lymymi,
Isabel=*

p.s. email me

Wed Jul 05, 01:30:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

I miss you all so much--can't wait to see you again...hopefully in the not-so-distant future.

Thu Jul 06, 11:12:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this also has nothing to do with this but i saw a lot of pictures of NZ from amy and kt and stef and the veiws are so beautiful!! i want to go there sometime myself i am saving up already hopefully you wont have moved here already because i dont want to pay a hotel bill!!! jk (just kidding)!! but i really do want to go to NZ! your doggies really are cute
lymymi,
elisabeth v.

Mon Jul 10, 10:45:00 am NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

well, elisabeth, you are welcome any time...our doors are definitely open. keep savin'!
love ya elle-belle-the-one-curl-girl. :-)

Mon Jul 10, 11:38:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home