Saturday, January 13, 2007

so i haven't forgotten...

how to scrapbook afterall. Before today I hadn't made a page in months and this afternoon I created two. Yes, that's right, TWO. And each took under an hour. It felt so good.

Reasons for my hiatus...

  1. I blame a lot on first trimester tiredness and nausea. (You get away with a lot using that excuse!)
  2. My office was too chaotic to even think of spending time in there to just relax and create.
  3. I have had major technology issues the last few months. I am used to printing out pics on demand as I go in whatever size I want, but at the moment my once beloved printer insists on printing pink lines through pretty much everything. Not a good look.
  4. The longer I didn't scrapbook, the bigger my mental block grew. I felt like I lost it, like I was seriously out of scrapbooking shape and trying to get back into shape seemed far too daunting.
  5. By far the biggest reason was everything that was going on with Eddye. Partaking in a hobby seemed indulgent and scrapbooking seemed meaningless. It was just the absolute last thing I wanted to do.

So I wasn't sure I wanted to continue scrapbooking.

Reasons I didn't throw in the towel...

  1. I spent an evening looking through my old pages and I realized I'd be very sad not to have them. They are prized possessions.
  2. Our baby would surely be resentful once s/he was old enough to realize I had made about 6 billion layouts of the dogs and only one featuring him/her. And that was created at 7 weeks in utero! I really don't want to start out on the wrong foot.
  3. I've never had a hobby that I have kept this long and I would be really disappointed in myself if I gave it up. Not to mention the whole work side of things!
  4. I sorted through my supplies and cleaned my office, leaving behind a much more peaceful place in which to work.
  5. I remembered how I could get lost in it and how much joy that would bring me.
  6. I remembered the satisfaction I would get from looking at a new completed layout.
  7. I realized I was watching too much TV.
  8. I missed challenging myself to get in front of a class and trying to inspire them.
  9. I would definitely miss hoarding supplies, so I bought a few new things to spruce up the stash! Couldn't hurt, right?

And here's how I spent this afternoon (in between cleaning, laundry, and taking down the Christmas decorations, finally!)...

CB_Hope

CB_Crocs

Seeing as how I have been wearing these now worn out yellow Crocs everyday for about 16 months, I thought they deserved a page. Luckily these are all old photos, so I didn't have to deal with any pink lines!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pages!!!! lymymi
Isabel

Sun Jan 14, 03:45:00 am NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hip hip hooray!

Sun Jan 14, 05:02:00 am NZDT  
Blogger Ali said...

Yeah she's back. Have missed your posts Christina but feel all caught up now. Loving your 'Crocs' layout - I have one half completed, as my man bought some baby blue ones for Christmas - very difficult to get them off me to go to work, I can tell you!

Sun Jan 14, 07:14:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home