Thursday, December 28, 2006

me & my mom

bonding

It's interesting how often I have thought about the similarities between my mom & I since I moved here 7 years ago. Among many other things, we both ventured off to far away lands with the intention of staying only about 2 years.

At the moment, though, the similarities run a bit deeper.

When my mom was pregnant with me, her mom in Germany became very sick. Sadly she died when my mom was about 7 months along and unable to travel. My mom wasn't able to see her before she passed away and couldn't attend her funeral.

With everything that has happened with Eddye, I think I might understand how difficult that was for her. For me, it's not going to be totally real until I go there next Christmas and feel that gap firsthand. Similarly, it wasn't until my mom visited her mom's grave and experienced Vreden, her hometown, without her mother's presence that it really hit home.

Sometimes I think we are living parallel lives.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Tina!!!!! How are you??? i miss you so much !! LYMYMI,
isabel:)

Tue Jan 09, 01:57:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how sad i feal so bad for oma
i love you and hope you feel good
lymymi
Elisabeth V

Wed Jan 10, 10:30:00 am NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i go to school with norwin, max, and simon at mercy montesssori.

Thu Feb 05, 01:10:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home