Thursday, April 05, 2007

the things doctors can get away with

Just returned from our 32-week doctor's appointment and although the gender remains a mystery, I have learned more than I bargained for.

As the doctor was wrapping up the appointment, he started staring at my feet and asked what size they are. When I said size 10, he replied, "as in adult size 10."

Um, yah. (I know for a fact this is not abnormal because there are never any good shoes left for me on sale racks. Plus my size Crocs are always sold out. Besides, I did just round up, as they really are 9.5.)

He then asked to see my feet. Seriously. I mean honestly, Jeremy was sitting right there.

When I slipped them out of my shoes, he remarked, "Huh. I guess they're just really long."

My response... "Yes, in fact, some of my toes are the same size as my pinky finger." And I even felt the need to prove it to him.

"Ahhh, yes, finger toes," he answered knowingly. "I can pick things up with mine."

Jeremy then chimed in with, "But she can solve the Rubik's Cube with hers."

He looked impressed.

So, in a nutshell, I went to the appointment expecting to learn the gender, but I left instead with the following very useful information:

  1. My doctor can pick things up with his toes.
  2. He's a bit gullible.
  3. He has a foot fetish.
  4. And he isn't afraid to go public with it.

The things doctors can get away with. :)

Remind me to wear socks and slippers during labor. I wouldn't want him getting distracted.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

OK - now that is weird.

Thu Apr 05, 06:26:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is he opsessed with feet or something? He should become a foot docter. lymymi
Isabel

Fri Apr 06, 06:31:00 am NZST  
Blogger Penny said...

*snort*
I have size 9, 9.5 depending on the shoe.
I can pick things up with my toes.
I can't do a rubic cube with them but neither can I solve it with my fingers!

Fri Apr 06, 02:37:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Ali said...

Cracking up here - Gosh I hope bubs has normal feet or you may be forced to ... well you know ... clean up yourself after said birth Lol!

Mon Apr 09, 05:34:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Raewyn aka whinney said...

don't want to gross you out or anything but my ob/gyn wanted to know what size feet I had too, he tried to tell me that as I had large feet then my pelvic opening (bone structure) would be large enough to deliver my baby without any problems!!!! Maybe your feet and pelvic bones are the same size? LOL
Raewyn

Sat Apr 14, 09:30:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home