Sunday, March 04, 2007

least likely

Along with a baby comes lots of stuff, some necessary and some not. It's a challenge to wade through the lists and the shops and figure out what you need, what you want, and what will work best with your lifestyle. How to make it all fit in your house is another story altogether.

I have resorted to a process of elimination of sorts. These three things are the items I'm least likely to purchase for the baby over the next three months...
future prom queen
future cheerleader
Ergo Baby reversible papoose coat
Now don't get me wrong. I have nothing against cheerleaders and prom queens. I have good friends who were cheerleaders and prom queens, heck I was even a (very bad) cheerleader at 11, but I think we'll just let her carve her own path!
I also don't want to offend anyone who might wear or want a reversible papoose cape. Or mock a very cool fair trade company in Hawaii, Ergo Baby. A mother started it accidently when she couldn't find a perfect baby carrier for her son, so she made one. Then it just grew. Jeremy thinks it's a hippie pack.
The baby carrier...so very cool. And the carrier I have decided on. The papoose cape...so not me. I just can't imagine drawing any more unwanted attention to myself! The thought of swooping in and out of the dairy and the grocery in the cape just cracks me up. To borrow Stefanie's words, "there is just sooo much fabric...is that really necessary?"

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Okaaaaaaaaay... now I'm into baby wearing and all that but I think that cape is just a leetle too much you know?

Mon Mar 05, 04:55:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't Jeremy have a raincoat like that? Maybe you can just sew a puch on the front of it...what does he call it - dry as a bone?!? I think you have a new cottage industry!

Maria

Fri Mar 23, 10:34:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cape looks like a berka with a baby inside. We liked the baby Bjorn (it's a front carrier). John carried her around that way for Mardi Gras parades.

Thu Apr 05, 02:17:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tue May 22, 10:30:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home