Thursday, June 12, 2008

life in a small town

you know you live in a small town when...
  1. the (note I said the not a) local police man visited our Mainly Music session today to mingle with the mums (and a handful of dads) and meet the littlies. After the music the ladies at the church serve up coffee + tea and some homemade goodies and they have water, biscuits, and apple slices for the kiddos. So I'm thinking he may have been hungry!

  2. you go to the local dentist (for the first time) and the first thing he says to you is, "I saw you at music this morning."
Speaking of the dentist, I have been putting it off since before becoming pregnant. Not a good idea. I have quite a bit of work to be done in the next couple of weeks. It'll be good to rid myself of these toothaches, but no one, other than Marsha Brady, likes going to the dentist. I think I'd rather go have another C-section!

Something interesting I learned though... Apparently as babies we pick up the bugs that live in the mouth of one of our parents and that plays a big role in our oral health. So it's especially important to have any decay fixed before having a baby, so those bugs aren't passed on. I really wish I'd known that sooner. Poor Quincy. He doesn't have a chance unless he picks up his dad's bugs.

True? I'm not sure. But interesting nonetheless.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I sympathise - I just had a root canal. Ick.

Tue Jun 17, 08:53:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home