Sunday, November 23, 2008

the carnival, candy floss + fire trucks

I was really looking forward to the Eastbourne Carnival. Fire truck rides, bouncy castles, candy floss (cotton candy), Santa, craft stalls. How could I not?

I went on my own in the morning to see if I could get any Christmas shopping finished and browse the white elephant loot (the used items). Success. Then at lunchtime we went back with Ollie and family and had a very nice (hot) afternoon. I came home with a beautiful new ring for my birthday, courtesy of Ollie. And I had to eat two helpings of candy floss because Quincy wouldn't touch the stuff. Life's rough.

candy floss mosaic

As expected, Quincy's favorite part was the ride on the fire engine. He was in total awe of the firemen. They even let him hang out in the compartment where they keep all the uniforms. They told him to come back in 16 years.


in awe of the fireman lovin' the fire truck

the fire truck

We decided to give the bouncy castle a miss this time. He wasn't his usual happy-go-lucky self, so Jeremy thought he might hate it. Nothing could have beaten the fire truck anyway.

Jeremy's favorite bit...the food. Naturally.

jeremy at the fair for the food

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Hee hee - imagine that, forced to eat candy floss...

Now, sitting in the truck with the firemen would be my type of fun too, but ya know what - Tim was so not into it the one time we had opportunity so I missed out! Meh!

Tue Nov 25, 02:52:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home