Wednesday, November 05, 2008

vote for us

Two years of campaigning is finally coming to an end. New Zealand has an important general election this Saturday, but there is probably more coverage of the US election! I'm not sure how I would cope with it if I were there. I sent off my absentee ballot just over a week ago. Hopefully it finds its way into the right hands in a timely fashion.

Back to NZ's election. This will be my first time voting here. It's interesting that you don't have to be a citizen to vote, just a permanent resident. Also there is a set amount of time candidates are permitted to campaign. And it's only about a month. Now that I can cope with.


So will Labour's Helen Clark stay on as prime minister? Or will it be National's John Key? Masterpet made a range of "Make 'Em Squeal" dog toys so that canines could have their say.

let the dogs decide make 'em squeal helen

I for one couldn't help but fall in love with the Green's campaign. How could you not?

Vote For Me 1

Vote For Us 1

Vote For Me 2

Vote For Us 2

And last night I found that you can upload your own image to create a poster. Or four.

Vote For Me 4

Vote For Us 4

Vote For Me 3

Vote For Us 3

But I consider more than beautiful imagery when I decide who gets my vote. I also tend to hold my political views close.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home