Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ten on tuesday

  1. I had a 2hr33min very free, very clear Skype call with my sister yesterday. (I hope you were able to get up for work today, Rosey!) Plus I had chats with Stef and Amy. Yay for Skype.
  2. Quincy's fever peaked at 102.2F (39.3C) but it seems to just be a low grade one now. His cough and nose are still nasty though. He slept through until 6, we read and had a feed until 7, and he's been sleeping ever since. He's a pretty good sickie. He loses his appetite and can be quick to tears but still manages a smile every now and again.
  3. smile while sick

  4. I have our Christmas card all finished. Now I just need to have it printed. Yay for photoshop and digital sccrapbooking/card making.
  5. Yesterday and today have been super windy and a little rainy. Pretty warm and humid, but still the perfect weather for sick days, reading, playing with trucks, and snuggling.
  6. playing with cars 2 sick big truck 1

  7. After a less than stellar start, Quincy seems to love swimming now. He stages only minor protests when he has to lay on his back and is pretty content the rest of the time. He even went under water 5 times last week without crying--he actually liked it. He loves having to sit on the wall like Humpty Dumpty and fall into my arms on the count of three. He now even wants to stay and play in the pool after the lesson finishes for pretty long. Oh and ever since his water confidence has increased, he no longer grizzles when I lay him back to wash his hair in the bath. Sadly we have to miss today.
  8. I hope Quincy is better by Thursday. We have booked (and paid) for the American Women's Club Thanksgiving dinner. I really want him to meet some other Amerikiwi kids.
  9. My in laws are coming down here for Christmas. Yay no travelling or trying to squeeze the five of us (including dogs) plus all of our gear and gifts in a sedan. I have been wanting to host Jeremy's family for Christmas for quite some time, so I am looking forward to it. It'll be a full house and I have no idea what to make, but it'll all be fine.
  10. I am not as far along in the Christmas shopping department as I planned to be and I have plenty of things left to make. I better get my act together.
  11. During Quincy's naps today I really need to get going on a Beagle Club Newsletter. They take way more time than I have, but at least now someone else takes care of the printing and mailout portions. The website is dreadfully out of date and needs my attention too. What would I prefer to do? Work on these blocks I am making for Quincy for Christmas. They are just over halfway finished.
  12. big blocks 1 big blocks 2

  13. He just woke up... It's 10:54 and might be about time for breakfast.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those blocks look really cute.
&& I hope Q gets better!!
I miss you guys!
LYMYMi;;
isabel
(happy thanksgiving)

Tue Nov 25, 01:36:00 pm NZDT  
Blogger Amy said...

I am very anxious to see the finished blocks. good thing Q can't read or use the internet otherwise your surprise would be spoiled.
great chatting with you the other day. gute besserung, Q!
AL,
Amy

Thu Nov 27, 02:48:00 am NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Buckley Family was greatly missed today at Thanksgiving! but you were there in our hearts! I hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving celebrations and gave Q a chance to experience the taste of thanksgiving food (since he was too young to eat it last year!)

love you so much and hope all is well with the Buckleys!

Love your most recent posts! WOW Quincy is just growing up into such a handsome little boy! you must be so proud! lymymi!

KT

Fri Nov 28, 08:09:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home