Thursday, September 17, 2009

sunshine

Even though spring came early this year, it couldn't have come soon enough, and now we can't seem to get enough of the sun. It has even found its way onto a layout!

CB_200909_QDogsSunshine

Today Q's fever finally broke and we packed a picnic lunch and walked down to the beach. First time since the weather has warmed up. I was not expecting it to be warm enough for him to wind up barefoot and pantless. It almost felt like summer.

my boys

Whining seemed to be much of the day's soundtrack, Q seemed to be moving in reverse, and he wanted to bring everything and carry nothing. But he more than made up for it this evening with this heart-melting moment...He was riding his little bike in the kitchen while I sorted dinner. Suddenly he hopped off and ran to me, while calling out "Mama, mama, I love you." It was the first time he used my name and the I and it couldn't have come at a better time.

I hope I remember how I felt in that moment forever.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

so sweet to hear those words.

Fri Sept 18, 11:38:00 am NZST  
Blogger Amy said...

your post made me cry.

Sat Sept 19, 07:13:00 am NZST  
Blogger Amy said...

ps i am very much looking forward to see you and Q i miss you both so much

Sat Sept 19, 07:14:00 am NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

:)

Mon Sept 21, 11:14:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home