Saturday, August 26, 2006

so THAT was weird

I'm in the midst of my cook-a-thon. Trying to get some good, healthy meals in the freezer for the next month. And a few baked goods for good measure. I know I'm weird. I know it's very Type A.

Rosemarie, just 1 month, though, not NINE!! But you know I'm just jealous :)

So far I've made 2 veggie lasagnes, lots of sloppy Joe filling, a steak & dumpling casserole, 20 Asian pork sausages, too much Asian plum sauce, a batch of healthy chocolate chip biscuits, and some cranberry scones (half of which are already gone.)

On the agenda tomorrow...a mashed potato casserole and sesame chicken.

But believe it or not that wasn't the WEIRD bit.

So I had to run to the local 4Square for milk in the middle of it all. As I entered the shop, 2 ducks walked right in front of me. Weird. I know it's been raining a lot, but not what you expect to see as you enter the grocery. When I left, the ducks were just hanging out in the middle of the village street. Taking their time. Meandering straight up the middle of the road. People couldn't pull their cars out, so we were all trying to shoo them to the footpath. Pretty unsuccessfully.

WEIRD. No?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirsty said...

Hah! That duck story is very funny. Wouldn't that have made some really fun photos? Do you want to send some baking my way? lol

Sun Aug 27, 10:43:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that Is really weird! that seseme chiken sounds good right now:)
lymymi
Isabel

Mon Aug 28, 12:04:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home