Friday, May 18, 2007

i love our neighborhood

People stop by for coffee. A couple of neighbors have offered to bring me to the hospital if Jeremy is at work. There is a retired midwife down the street who has offered her services in an emergency. One woman told me I can call her anytime, day or night, if I need anything. One has offered to run errands for me after the bub arrives. Several have offered to babysit. And today I got a phone call from a woman up the road who I often see while walking the dogs. She hadn't seen me for a while and wanted to make sure I was okay and to check if I needed anything.

It's a real throw back.

Oh and last night when Jeremy picked up fish 'n chips, the "fish 'n chips lady" asked him when the baby was coming. Honestly we don't eat fish 'n chips all the time or anything. It's just a seriously small community.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!! Tina!!! your now officially a mom!! i cant wait to see pics. of Quincy. lymymi,
Isabel

Sun May 20, 01:37:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just heard the wonderful news, Tina!! Congratulations!!
Mary Schwartz

Sun May 20, 03:52:00 am NZST  
Blogger Penny said...

Oho! I see by the other commenters you have some news! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it now :-)

Sun May 20, 03:30:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Tina and Jeremy! I just talked to your mom and she said all of you are doing good. I can't wait to see pictures too!! Take care mommy!! Kellie

Tue May 22, 06:13:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

co9ngratulatoins i am so sorry i havent kept up i just got the emial he is adorable cant u r so lucky to be his mom!! u have such nice neighbors too
lymymi,
ellie

Tue May 22, 10:20:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad he wasnt born before mothers day!!
ellie

Tue May 22, 10:21:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He has lots of hair....ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Wed May 23, 09:37:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tina,

I'm afraid it has been a couple of months since I've visited your blog, but you have been in my thoughts. Congratulations. I can't wait to see pictures of the little one. I am so happy for you. Enjoy.

Fellow mommy and friend,
Maila from Cincy

Thu May 24, 03:09:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home