Sunday, May 13, 2007

mothers

I have been very fortunate to have so many mothers in my family to observe, learn from, respect, and admire over the years. Now it's my turn. I finally get to join the Club of Mothers.

Moms

I certainly have big shoes to fill. I only hope I have learned enough to follow in their footsteps. Sure I will do things my own way and make my own decisions and mistakes, but I am blessed to have such good role models in the motherhood department.

Yes, I have been a dog mama for nearly five years, and this is a role I treasure and take seriously. It too requires patience, hard work, guidance, love, and lots of shuttling around. But I am a nurturer by nature and am so looking forward to adding human mama to one of my many cherished roles in life.

Mom & Kai @ 31 Weeks Mom & Berkley @ 31 Weeks

Happy Mother's Day.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures........cant wait to see pictures of the baby................. you'll be an awesome, hip, cool mom!!!!!! love:
isabel ♥♥♥

Sun May 13, 02:34:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy mother's day! love, me

Mon May 14, 12:27:00 am NZST  
Blogger Marieke said...

Christina I am obviously very late in on the scoop! CONGRATULATIONS!! You'll be an awesome mom, no doubt about it.

Mon May 14, 08:04:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

Not quite there yet, but I figured with a week to go, I deserved to celebrate mother's day this year!

Tue May 15, 09:19:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And today "Nana" (long story how she got that name but so worth telling over and over again :-) )said to me "so now I'm a real Mum Ollie!" so was that a Mum or a Mom? You are so going to be the best Mum in the world. Congratulations you made it and now it all begins. It's a priviledge to have you as a friend and you and "james" are going to be the best parents. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat May 19, 06:57:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u are so sweet i will have to show my mom you will be ONE of the best moms ever
ellie

Tue May 22, 10:25:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home