Friday, July 06, 2007

oh my

what have I gotten myself into?

nose pick

strike a pose 1 strike a pose 2

J hates getting his photo taken. Unless it's a silly one, that is. Sometimes I think I've got two kids on my hands!
On the Q front...
As you can see he's got jeans on. He put on a kilo in two weeks (!!!) and now fits in some of his 0-3 stuff. What fun! I know I won't always be able to dress him in whatever I choose, so I have to take advantage while it lasts.
He's smiling lots, cooing a bit, feeding heaps, and sleeping better. Since the beginning he's been very alert and holding his head up. He's got a lovely nature and certainly doesn't seem to miss a beat. Two nights ago, he was attentive for the first time while I read him "Guess How Much I Love You" and "Goodnight Moon" before bed. A treasured moment shared.
Now I understand why everyone seems to say, "Just wait until 6-weeks." I think I am really starting to "get him" and his needs. What a good feeling. That's not to say I don't have my share of frustrating moments, but I doubt those ever go away!
What else? Last night Q attended his first Beagle Club meeting. I had the committee here. We're always in need of more committee members, so if he isn't careful, he may just get voted in unawares.
This morning I had my antenatal group around for morning tea. It's a nice small group of women. It's great to share stories and get reassurance. Also as a foreigner I am not always aware of how things are done here or what services are available, so they help me stay in the loop.
Now I am ready for a chilled out afternoon. It's been a busy week.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! What a funny picture tina! Im Glad you could capture the moment love ya lots,

Isabel

Mon Jul 09, 04:19:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics dr. j...and tiny, i love the mcdreamy sweatshirt...how appropriate!
lymymi, amy

Tue Jul 10, 12:40:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Penny said...

Hee hee! Nothing like getting your nose picked for ya! Cute pics :)

Wed Jul 11, 09:23:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home