Sunday, July 01, 2007

i'm sorry, baby

i'm sorry

Yes, that is me wiping black ink off Q's hand.
Yes, he was v. unhappy about having his little hand stamped for posterity.
Yes, he refused to unclench his fists.
Yes, I was determined to get a perfect handprint.
No, I never got it in the end.

All I got was one very sad baby and a few blotches that resemble paw prints.

Oh, and a lot of guilt.

Notes to self:
  1. Don't wait until your future offspring are six weeks old to capture their hand and footprints. A sleepy two-week-old bub would be much more cooperative.

  2. I must learn to embrace imperfection.

  3. I must learn to embrace imperfection.

  4. I must learn to embrace imperfection.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

oh dear! I forgot to do it with DS so waited until he was 1 yr. He was much more co-operative then.

Sun Jul 01, 06:05:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Sharon said...

Footprints are easier - less ability to clench :)

Sun Jul 01, 09:14:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've done better than me Christina, David is 16 months and I still don't have his. I did have all good intentions...

Mon Jul 02, 09:25:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...poor quincy lymymi
isabel

Tue Jul 03, 04:07:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck perfection Nana! hehe. Hey someone told me a secret when I tried and failed over and over with Tara. You have a helper and do it while they are sound asleep. Worked for me! give it a try! See ya Ollie

Wed Jul 11, 05:35:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home