Monday, September 21, 2009

out with the irritability and in with the laughter

Quincy was not himself the last four days. At all. Really irritable and clingy. He has had his rough patches, but for this even-tempered boy, it was truly unprecedented. And relentless.

I guess like most people, I need explanations. Of course, I know it's not always possible to get them, but that doesn't stop me from pulling my hair out trying.

But no matter what kind of mood they were in while awake, when they're fast asleep, they are 110% precious.

sound asleep

Today he seemed better. More himself. Still a little whiny and clingy, but much more recognizable. And let me tell you, this was a welcome site in the bath tonight...

bathtime belly laughs

I wonder what tomorrow brings.

note: Yes, he still uses a schnuller while he sleeps. Yes, I know that is totally unacceptable to most people. Yes, I wish he didn't use it anymore. But don't worry, I won't send you the orthodontist bill.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like when my kids had roseola. Glad to hear he is acting more like himself.

Tue Sept 22, 01:07:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

Interesting you say that Donna. I was wondering if that was it, and kept checking him for rashes all week, but nothing.

Tue Sept 22, 03:01:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Penny said...

poor wee chicken.

Tue Sept 22, 06:14:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous isabel said...

aww he is so precious!! is that the blanket i made him?!?!

Thu Sept 24, 10:20:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian had a terrible rash and Zach never got a rash. I guess it varies with each little one.

Thu Sept 24, 12:48:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

Yes, Isabel. He loves his rabbit blanket and sleeps with it every night. :)

Fri Sept 25, 09:39:00 pm NZST  
Blogger Christina said...

Donna, I didn't know that you don't always get a rash with it. He may have had it then.

Fri Sept 25, 09:40:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home