Monday, September 28, 2009

ummm, that was weird.

Quincy has always fallen asleep happily on his own. Up until eleven months that didn't mean he'd stay asleep though. However, that's beside the point.

Tonight was a different story. I was washing the dishes and could hear him calling out to me and then start crying. I don't ever recall having to go in to comfort him 30 minutes after putting him in bed, but tonight I did. This is what transpired...

Quincy: Mama, read a book. Need a cuddle.
me: Quincy, it's bedtime, but I could give you a cuddle.
Quincy: Lift you up.
me: (wondering where this was headed) Oh alright.
Quincy: Go upstairs.
me: No, Quincy, it's bedtime.
Quincy: Sit in the rocking chair.
me: (thinking this wasn't going to end well, but feeling the strain of carrying him) For a little bit and then Quincy goes back to bed.
Quincy: (after the Love You Forever song and about 5 minutes of rocking in silence) Tinty go back to bed now.
me: (feeling quite comfortable and rather surprised) Oh, okay.
Quincy: (now lying in bed) Mama, rub your back.
me: Sure, Buddy, for a little while.
Quincy: (in a nice voice after about 20 seconds of a back rub) Mama, go away.

I feel a bit like a puppet, but at least my tea was still hot when I got back upstairs.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it.....just one of those days when someone loves you and needs you for just a few minutes longer in the day :) He just wanted his Mummy's love before he went to bed :) so cute Ollie x

Sun Oct 04, 09:25:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home