Saturday, July 14, 2007

eight weeks on...

squawk dribble Fritz
and we are learning more and more all the time. I talk a lot about all the good stuff, and there sure is plenty of that. But it's not always easy. Like when he wakes up for the second time at night. Let's just say I sometimes struggle to find patience in those tired hours.

What I find most frustrating is when everything is going so perfectly and then you have a bad day and feel like it'll never be "perfect" again. That's when I start over-analyzing. (Surprise, surprise!)

Oh and I also hate that I don't have a third arm.

Feeding has been really hard for me. Infections and all that jazz. But we're finally at a point where I don't dread it, and I more than tolerate it. All along there were times when it wasn't painful and I got a glimpse of what I had envisioned. Now it is nearly just that, relaxing and enjoyable. I never expected it to take so long to get to this point, that's for sure. (ETA: A cause for celebration...at nine weeks we're there. I actually enjoy it now!)

All along we seem to have been so busy with appointments and classes and just keeping on top of things that we've had little time to just be. I have a Baby & You class on Monday and a Mums and Bubs movie on Tuesday morning, but other than that I am not leaving the house for the rest of the week. I am going to actually take everyone's advice and finally nap a bit. And I'm gonna work on his daytime sleeping. Maybe establish a routine, or failing that, at least some sort of pattern!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the rest of your week at home and try and get some naps...I know what I was like when DS was young and everyone kept telling me to nap and i wouldn't and now really wish that I had.

Mon Jul 23, 07:57:00 am NZST  
Blogger Penny said...

naps are good. Take the phone off the hook. With my first I was so slack about it and would do housework instead. I made myself more stressed and tired than necessary.

Yeah - the first weeks of learning to feed is tough, especially if you're dealing with infections etc. Both you and Quincy have had a steep learning curve. It will get better and better - at least I found it so. And it's so convenient to have food on tap so to speak, so hang in there.

Nobody likes night feeds. :-) Except the baby maybe! But when you're thinking you are the only one up at that hour, don't forget the other mums doing the same thing :-)

Routines make life more sane.

Mon Jul 23, 08:46:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, i have been reading your blog with interest and love the pictures of you both and your family he is growing fast! I am also glad that you have posted the "hard" bits of motherhood, it is not all roses and is the hardest thing you will ever do and it is great that you tell it as it is. You sound like you are doing an awesome job, good luck to you and your family and keep up the pics, he is just delightfull.

Tue Jul 24, 07:10:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i miss the Buckley family a great deal and cannot get over how adorable my little cousin Quincy is!! I think about you all the time and cannot WAIT until the day comes that I can finally meet the little man! It sounds like things have been hectic for you so def. take some relax time this week. Love you miss you mean it!! keep posting pictures I love that you share so much day to day stuff with us through your blog! love kt

Wed Jul 25, 08:07:00 am NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home