Wednesday, February 25, 2009

YouTube and the addict I have created.

Other than to watch the odd link someone sends me, I've never really been on You Tube before. I certainly don't need any other aids in procrastination.

Well I don't know what possessed me, but yesterday morning I had what I thought was a great idea. I went to YouTube and typed "pukeko" in the hopes of finding a television ad I knew Q would love. Well, I found it and I was right. He was mesmerized. One thing led to another, as it does, and he started throwing search items at me left, right, and center. What did he want to see? Digger, racing car, fire truck, motorcycle, school bus, peacock, bear, elephant, dump truck, and tractor.

Digger YouTube Mosaic

So then this morning, what did Q ask for while I was getting breakfast sorted? Digger song. More pukeko. So back to You Tube we went. This time we did all his favorite searches and then we watched "Crazy Frog" about four times and again twice tonight when Jeremy came home. There were hysterics every time. (Apparantly "Crazy Frog" is edge-of-your-seat funny.)

Crazy Frog YouTube Mosaic

And so began his new obsession. One that his no TV mama will most definitely be monitoring very closely!

Notes:
  1. As evidenced above, Q clearly has the potential to become a television zombie! And although we don't have a blanket "no TV rule", he does watch an episode of Curious George or a storybook video every once in a while, we decided to limit TV. Luckily it just never really comes up because the TV is in the basement and is only on sometimes after he's in bed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy vegging out in front of the TV. I really do. Which is precisely why I have virtually eliminated it for myself over the last year. The TV is no longer part of our daily life, and that's exactly how I like it. Huh, that was a long qualification!
  2. Also, he really thinks he's controlling it all with his play keyboard :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

in our house it's combine harvesters on "you choo" that get the attention. ;)

Mon Mar 02, 12:42:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home