Friday, March 19, 2010

one adventure, two ways

Last weekend, Quincy got some new animal stickers. He was anxious to use them. I suggested he use them on a scrapbook layout about our trip to the zoo earlier this month. I told him that when I got the chance I would print out some zoo pictures for him to use.

Fast forward to last night and he reminded me about those photos. Only it was bedtime, so I kinda lied and told him that my printer was broken. He walked over and looked at it for a while before pressing the ON button. He looked at me so proudly, grinning from ear to ear. "It's not broken anymore! See, Mama, you just press this button. This one right here."

Anyway, I promised I would print them out in the morning and luckily he was satisfied.

So now it's today and me and my boy just had our first crop. Meaning, I actually scrapbooked my own layout while he worked on his. He chose the photos, helped me with the picture captions, attached his first brads, and helped with all the trimming, inking, gluing, + corner rounding. He was thrilled to use my Fiskars scissors and paper piercer for the first time.

me: Why do you think I am letting you use my super sharp tools?
him: Because Quincy is so nice to Mama.

(I was kind of going for "careful" rather than "nice"!)

And, of course, he used his stickers.

So here you go, one adventure, scrapbooked two ways...

mine
Zoo: my layout

his
Zoo: Quincy's layout

I'm pretty partial to his.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

hee hee! :) Well done Q.

Mon Mar 22, 09:42:00 am NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home