Wednesday, October 18, 2006

waiting for good news

I love this photo. It is of my nephew, Norwin, showing his parents and one of his brothers some of the loot he scored at the annual pirate treasure hunt that my family has at my parent's lakehouse. Notice the scars on his face, the temporary tattoos on his arm, and the lollipop in his mouth. I love it!

I have six nephews and now one niece who have their birthdays at the end of summer (August/September), so it's fitting to combine the treasure hunt with a joint birthday celebration. All the kids get so decked out in costume. And one of my brothers-in-law and his three grown daughters make up this elaborate pirate story and a cool treasure hunt. One of them dresses as the pirate and seriously goes all out.

Last year I was lucky enough to be in town for it. It's always such a fun day.

at the lake

Unfortunately no significant updates on Eddye. He remains in a coma and continues to fight the bacterial infections as well as a very rare fungal infection in his stomach. We need some good news this week.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina, I think of you and your family every day wishing that there is some progress no matter how little for him. Reading this post of yours I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

Wed Oct 18, 01:45:00 pm NZDT  
Blogger Christina said...

thank you , debbie. and thanks to everyone else who has been leaving kind comments. we really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. this tragedy is so far reaching. it is hard to get my head around it all.

Wed Oct 18, 02:02:00 pm NZDT  
Blogger Sharon said...

Was wondering how he was doing - so sorry there is no good news yet. Hopefully soon!

Wed Oct 18, 05:10:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been praying for him always

Fri Oct 27, 09:50:00 am NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we, do need to hear some, good news.

lymymi
Isabel

Sat Oct 28, 09:43:00 am NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home