Tuesday, July 15, 2008

in his own little world

in his own little world

Yesterday evening Quincy played happily all alone in the playroom for about 30 minutes while I worked on dinner. He couldn't see me or hear me. The dogs weren't there to keep him company. He only had Satchmo serenading him with Disney songs. He is a good player, but usually likes me to be in the same room, although lately I've been letting him play in his crib for about 10 minutes or so while I shower. Generally though if we're in the kitchen and I pop down to do laundry, he always waits for me at the gate. With the dogs. All their worlds seem to be put on hold until I return. (Putting it in writing is a bit of an ego trip!) Tonight was a pretty big step toward independence.

Once dinner was in the oven, I spied on him from the ladder and enjoyed watching him in his element. Playing with my old Fisher Price Little People furniture, these three stacking activity cubes, his two puzzles, a ball, a police car. And of course reading books. I'm not sure how much longer he would have carried on in his own little world, but he caught me. And that was the end of that!

(The photo above is of him the other day in the playroom, again in his own world, absorbed by music and his new poster. It was a nice day, so the doors were open and he could move freely between the playroom and the kitchen, giving him free access to me! Also the state of the room last night was far more messy!)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

He looks as though he's thinking... what can I mess up now ... choices choices ;)

Tue Jul 15, 09:27:00 pm NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww congrats quincy!! lymymi,
isabel

Thu Jul 17, 03:19:00 am NZST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i notice some serious redecorating, as evidenced by these last 2 posts. well done.

Sat Jul 19, 04:54:00 pm NZST  

Post a Comment

<< Home